How our training program works
After your interview, if you are invited to be a part of our program, you would be able to get, free of cost, our 12 hours training course.
To start, we provide you full access to 5 training lessons before you make any decisions to become a volunteer with our organization. We would take this time to consider your volunteer candidacy based on your interview and fit. All you have to do is read the information below and follow the application process to register and get access to the commitment-free training course.
We invite you to reflect on the ninety dollar cost we invest on this training for you. We only invite serious volunteer candidates to apply. If this is something you are not willing to commit, please let us use this resources on someone else.
This is how it works:
- Step 1- If you have not done so, you would be asked to sign up to our Volunteer Certified Listener Program using the form below.
- Step 2- Validate your email address through a link sent to your inbox (check the SPAM folder as well).
- Step 3- Once you have verified your email and logged-in, you will be re-directed to our training program to get full access to the first 5 lessons for you to try. No commitment required. We want you to be sure that you find value in what we have to offer before you commit to our program.
- Step 4- After you have completed the first 5 lessons of the Training Course and, if you have been accepted to our volunteer program after your interview, you will get access to the rest of the training at no cost. We are a self funded Not-for-Profit and would really appreciate your donations to minimize the cost of your training.
- Step 5- You would be asked to finish the rest of the training modules outlined in our Core Competences page. You will be able to take each lesson and quiz on your own time, at your own pace:
- You will be asked to watch each video-lesson in its entirety before you can access the corresponding quiz.
- After you pass the quiz for each corresponding lesson you will then get access to the next video-lesson.
- If you fail the quiz you will be asked to review the lesson again and re-take the quiz.
- If you need to stop in the middle of a lesson, you can do so, and the e-learning course will open on the last lesson that was completed when you return.
- Step 6- Once you have finished all lessons and pass all quizzes, we will require the following documents from you to complete our Screening Process*:
- 2 pieces of photo ID. ( Your OHIP is not acceptable as Photo ID ).
- 2 volunteer/work/school references. You can download the reference form HERE
- 1 Not-Disclosure Agreement. You can download the agreement HERE
- 1 Police Record Check. You can find out more and download the Police Record Check Letter HERE.
Once you have finished our training program and have submitted all documents for screening, our Volunteer Department will need 24 to 48 hours to review your submissions. Once everything is confirmed, you will receive an email with instructions on the next steps.
SCREENING PROCESS*: Please note that the screening process involves multiple stages, and not all interested applicants will be invited to the next stage. We thank you for your interest!
Register Today, Learn New Skills and Help Others!